If you are looking for a tool that could help your child learn how to balance, a balance bike could be the perfect one. A balance bike is generally a two-wheeler bike but has no brakes and pedals in it. This works by allowing your child to stand or sit over the saddle of his bike while walking using his own feet as brakes. There is various kind of balance bike available in the market, but all of them are not such a good performer. You have to be tricky when you are choosing one. If you are looking for the best balance bike for toddlers, but bit confused about choosing it, then you are at the right place. No worries about picking the best balance bike in UK! Just follow this article, and you will be able to choose the perfect one! In this article, we have reviewed the top 5 balance bike.
Comparison Table Of Best Balance Bike:
|Product||Material||Seat height range (Inch)||Tyres||Recommended Age||Adjustable Seat Height||Weight (Kg)||Rating (Out of 5)||Buying Option|
| Kiddimoto Kids Kurve Wooden Balance Bike||Wood||14.5-15.5||Air||3-5 years||Yes||4.5|
| Boppi No Pedal BMX Balance Bike||Metal||11.5-15.5||Foam||2-5 years||Yes||4.1|
| FirstBIKE Street with brake||Composite||12-17.5||Air||2-5 years||Yes||3.9|
|Chicco Bullet Balance Bike||Metal||13-17||Foam||3-5 years||Yes||3.6|
|Strider 12 Classic No-Pedal Balance Bike||Steel||11-17||Foam||18 month - 3 years||Yes||3.0|
Top 5 Balance Bike Review
Choosing the best balance bike in UK
Wooden, metal or composite?
First, consider what type of balance bike would be best for your child, and to your pocket. There are three options you could choose from: wooden, metal and composite.
A wooden balance bike is an eco-friendly bike since it is generally made from marine grade renewable birch wood. Biodegradable lacquers and paints are used to style up the bike. You could select a design that your child might possibly like. There are wooden balance bikes that are painted with comic pictures, or if you want, you could go for a retro look balance bike.
On the other hand, a metal balance bike could be made out of steel and aluminum. Metal balance bikes look like normal bikes because they have adjustable handle bars, fast-release seat and optional brakes. You could purposely build your child’s metal balance bike. Steel bikes are generally cheaper than aluminum bikes. However, aluminum bikes don’t easily rust compared to steel ones.
And lastly, composite balance bikes are considered as the best type. It is the most durable type and the most costly one. Its main advantage is that it could last for a lifetime if given necessary care. It won’t rust and has a high resistance to humidity. You could pass down this bike to another generation of your family.
A balance bike could only function well if you got the right seat height for your child. You could ask for assistance when purchasing in order to measure your child’s inseam. But these days, there are balance bikes that are already equipped with adjustable seat heights.
With brakes or not?
Only metal and composite balance bike have optional brakes. Generally, if you have a toddler aged 2, they don’t use brakes, not until they learn how to balance. But as your child grows, they eventually learn how to brake. Choose the balance bike that is appropriate for your child’s age.
Types of tyres
Among the types of tyres are foam tires and air tires. Foam tires are a wise option since they are light and needs little maintenance. But if they are used in rough terrains, they would eventually wear out. For a more durable option, you could choose air tyres. These types of tyres are generally versatile.
Why Choose Balance Bike For Your Toddler
A balance bike is a bike sized for toddlers that does not have pedals. It is a great way to teach children the fundamentals of riding a bicycle in a way that truly teaches them balance, steering, and confidence. A young child uses their natural instinct to sit on the child sized seat and push along with their feet, gradually building up speed as they become comfortable. Within a few short weeks the child is lifting up there feet and coasting along on two wheels.
Introducing your young child or toddler to a balance bike can eliminate the need for training wheels as he gets older. When teaching your child to ride a bike in the past, first came the tricycle and then a larger two wheel biked with training wheels. However, training wheels do not teach kids balance or proper bicycle steering. Training wheels give a the child a false sense of security and the child often falls when turning corners. And many parents, including myself, have found it hard to wean a child off of the training wheels because the child never really learns to feel confident on the bike.
Advantages of Balance Bike
There are several advantages why using the balance bike is important. Here are just some of the advantages that you ought to know:
- Worth the Money: One of the main reasons why some people do not want to purchase the balance bike is because they feel that it is not economical. The truth is that it can be used as a replacement for a bike with training wheels that may not be too safe for kids.
- Encourages Kids to Play: Most of the time, kids right now only like to play at home probably because there are a lot of game consoles that are available. Kids can play with the use of their tablets and other gadgets but with this bike, kids will like to go outside and play. This will give them enough exercise throughout the day, at the same time; the experience will be totally different from what they experience at tablets.
- Can Help Families Bond: There are instances when families do not have enough time for each other because some family members are too busy. Parents just let their children play with their tablets and children do not make the effort to talk with their parents anymore. With the use of the balance bike, people are able to stay together and laugh together.
- Helps Kids Learn: Riding the bicycle can be hard for some kids and easy for some. With the use of the balance bike, kids can learn faster and easier.
- Very Safe: They are considered safer than bikes with training wheels and even some bikes for kids. Having a safe bike will allow you to feel secure while your child is learning how to ride a bike for the first time.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)[thrive_custom_box title=”Safety & Manual” style=”light” type=”color” color=”#a8bdab” border=”#fff”]
- Make sure that the instructions will be followed when it comes to assembling the parts of the bike so that nothing will go wrong in the process.
- If it came with wrappings, dispose of those wrappings immediately so that they will not be hazardous for your child.
- It is always better if the bike will be used in a smooth and flat surface all the time. Not only will this help keep the bike in good working condition, it can also help keep the child safe from harm.
- The bike should be adjusted based on the size of the child who is going to use the bike. Not having the right adjustments can cause some problems.
- The right equipment and gear should be worn while using the balance bike.
- Keep the Bike Clean: No matter what type of material the balance bike is made out of, you have to make sure that you will clean it often. This will also help your child not to develop any allergies in case the bike becomes too dirty.
- Store the Bike in A Safe Place: If you would just leave it lying around, there is a possibility that it will become more susceptible to outside forces that will make it break down easier.
- Make Sure to Check the Various Parts of the Bike: Checking the bike parts will ensure that it will always be safe to use by your child.
- Use the Right Tools: This is an important thing to do especially when you are going to adjust the seat or the handlebars of the bike. If you do not use the right tools, this might make the car break down.
- Adjust: Do not be afraid of adjusting because even if you have already adjusted previously, there is always a chance that you would need to readjust it yet again.